Yesterday Apple announced at its annual developer conference. WWDC 2019: details about new coming iOS 13 and updates. We collected all features that can impact on ASO and mobile marketing.
Apple announced the update of the operating system for iOS devices. We chose the essential points that will be important to application developers, marketers, and, of course, ASO managers.
iOS 13 what to expect?
- FaceID unlocks up to 30% faster.
- App Downloads are going to be 50% smaller, with 60% smaller updates.
- App launch speed will be accelerated up to twice as fast.
- Dark Mode is now available on iOS devices – a nice update for our eyes. If a third-party application is designed strictly according to Apple’s guidelines, it will also support Dark Mode and provide an opportunity to enable it.
- iOS 13 protects users privacy with a feature called Sign In with Apple.
- With iOS 13 you can use new Memoji Stickers in Messages
- New audio sharing will allow more than one person to listen to your device.
- New tools for editing photos and videos, like portrait lighting effect which changes how your images look.
- New maps with detailed landscapes look impressive, also was added a feature similar to Google Street View, but fully animated.
More minor changes are expected in iOS, which were not announced in the slides:
Separate emoji and globe keys
Low data mode
Download large apps on cellular
WiFi in control center home
Optimized battery charging
All of these new iOS 13 features will be available to both iPhone and iPad. More changes comes for iPad with new iPadOS.
Apple Watch now has its own App Store, which is much more accessible for users to discover new apps. And maybe it gives additional opportunities for developers.
On Monday also Apple adjusted its App Store guidelines. Now developers should pay more attention to data their share with third-parties. For example: Guideline 5.1.1(vii) (New). Apps that compile information from any source that is not directly from the user or without the user’s explicit consent, even public databases, are not permitted on the App Store.
These apps and the whole of iOS 13 and iPadOS are expected to be made publicly available around September when Apple announces its next iPhones. Beta versions have already been released for developers, and a public beta program is due to start in summer. Link to the preview of the new iOS: https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-13-preview/